When Naira Marley was picked up by the EFCC last month, the Nigerian music and entertainment scene became quite a lot busy as the saga on a daily basis featured on all social media timelines and became a selling point for all major entertainment blogs.
The case became even more of a public and controversial issue when the EFCC announced that the singer would be charged to court to answer to an 11-count charge levelled against him by the anti-graft agency.
Looking at this saga which has lasted even up till this moment, there is the projection that the case has had a negative effect on Naira Marley as many people now see him as a criminal even though he hasn’t been established by the court to be one
However, looking away from the negative effects, we have decided to look out for how the case has had a positive effect on the singer and his career. And that is why we have opted to bring you 5 benefits Naira Marley has had and still having due to his case with the EFCC.
- POPULARITY: Naira Marley’s case with the EFCC has helped boost his popularity as an artist. When the singer first came in with his 2018 hit single, “Issa Goal,” he was majorly unknown and even after he did the remix with Olamide, Falz & Simi, the benefit he had was that he became fairly unknown. But when the “Yahoo Yahoo” saga came up coupled with his arrest by the EFCC as well as the court case, he became a major popular figure as his name surpassed boundaries within the country.
- GREATER ATTENTION TO MUSIC: The singer’s case with the EFCC has brought a lot of fans’ attention to his music, due to the case, he now gets very high music downloads when any is released. Fans have even gone back to his past music to have them downloaded again as many want to know exactly who the singer is, what is music sounds like and the collaborations he’s had. for Instance, when he released his song “Am I A Yahoo Boy” featuring Zlatan, it had great attention at first, but the attention multiplied when the EFCC issue came up. This is evident in why the video of the song has amassed 2.6 million views on YouTube.
- UNRIVALED STREET CREDIBILITY: Since the singer’s EFCC case, he has had the biggest mentions on the street, even the likes of Olamide, Small Doctor who have been present in the music industry for a number of years before Naira’s breakthrough have now been dethroned by the UK based singer. His street credibility right now seems to be second to none as he has now established himself as the biggest name on the street.
- ESTABLISHMENT OF A MOVEMENT (MARLIAN): The Marlian movement although have been present before the singer’s case with the EFCC but it has helped to be made a proper movement or culture by the saga. We have seen videos, images of fans across social media draw a tattoo of the singer and the Marlian word on their bodies as well as proudly declare themselves as advocates of the movement. All have been aided by the EFCC saga.
- COMMERCIAL SUCCESS: There is no way Naira Marley’s songs would be having a lot of downloads and streams without financial gains following. Since his case with the EFCC has opened up ways for a lot of streams for his music, it automatically makes ways for him to cash in as well. The revenue he gets from music during this saga with EFCC has skyrocketed the figures in his bank account definitely. It’s a positive thing for him.
- Peter Obi Reacts to Attack on Soludo as Ex-CBN Governor’s Whereabouts Remain Unknown
- “Leaving Nigeria doesn’t ensure you will get rich” – Straight to the point Donga to those looking for greener pasture overseas
- Governor Wike gifts Burna Boy land In and money to build on the land
- Tonto Dikeh receives global humanitarian celebrity honor
- Regina Daniels patronizes Jaaruma for Kayanmata products worth N5M
- Erica Nlewedim questions foreigner who claims a particular Lagos route is pothole-free
- “Chadian lady arrested with 18 wraps of heroin in her v*gina at Abuja airport”
- “Do you know how stupid you are to treat your girlfriend like a queen” – Reno Omokiri says
- “Men will shame themselves, Resist The Urge Of Bashing Women For The Wrongdoings Of Their Partners” – Toke Makinwa Advises
- Court sentences two brothers to death by hanging for stealing mobile phone
- Man who tattooed Bobrisky face in his body becomes a crossdresser (Video)
- [MUSIC] Ayomikun x Lyon Smith – Pray
- Nigerian lady ‘gifted’ N2m after talking about no one asking for her account details for Christmas on Snapchat
- [MUSIC] Jayfamous Ft Toy_Money and Olasky Omoghana – Good Life
- Hydeeyoung TMB – Church Girl (Prod. by Sense Beat)
- Skyboi – Bless Me (Prod. By TNGR)
- Rhyda ft Rocksteady – Customize
- Davidzee Ft. Oritse Femi – GIDIGON
- Mercy Johnson And Her Family Pay A Visit To Timaya (Photos)
- First lady, Aisha Buhari calls for prayers for Nigeria
Latest Music2 years ago
Damola x Davido – Risky (Cover)
DJ Mix7 months ago
[Mixtape] DJ UTB – Pizzy Banger Mix
Latest Music6 months ago
Rhyda ft Rocksteady – Customize
Entertainment6 months ago
Actress Ruth Eze Is Under Pressure To Marry And Says She Wont Mind Being A 2nd Wife
Latest Music6 months ago
Davidzee Ft. Oritse Femi – GIDIGON
Latest Music7 months ago
[MUSIC] Net Man – Hussle Go Pay
News2 years ago
5 Renowned Weed Smokers In The Nigerian Music Industry
News8 months ago
“Jay Israel, You’re doomed. Nigeria is not South Africa; Your boys have been arrested.”- Prophet Gideon Isah Lambasts Jay Israel Snr. in viral video