The Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has attacked the government of President Muhammadu Buhari for allowing the Big Brother Naija reality TV show go on.
The Islamic group labelled the show being aired on national television as ‘immoral, dangerous and Bohemian.’
BB Naija, is currently making waves in Nigeria featuring some romantic scenes among the housemates.
The group’s objection was contacted in a press statement made available to DAILY POST by its Founder and Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Friday.
The statement added, “We are being forcibly dragged to a world of nudity, shamelessness and open promiscuity. Inmates of BBNaija kiss, romance and engage in sex openly. BBNaija is Bohemian, anti-social, crude and immoral. It constitutes a potent danger to every home. BBNaija is Satanic. It is unacceptable.
“Where are our norms and values? Is it part of African culture to engage in sex in the open? Where are the authorities? Is the Ministry of Information and Culture sleeping? Is the National Orientation Agency on sabbatical? Who will protect our children from this despicable onslaught? Who did this to Nigeria?
“This reality show is dragging our children into a life of moral debauchery. It is robbing them of the last vestiges of honour. It is deleting the word ‘shame’ from their vocabulary. BB Naija has alienated our youth from the elders. A yawning lacuna now exists between the young and the old. Irreversible social crisis looms.
“We must see those who woo our young ones with humongous amounts of money, big cars and palatial buildings as those bent on destroying industry, diligence and integrity particularly among the youth. Nothing destroys a nation faster than materialism. The daughters of Jezebel are here already. Unless the authorities move with the speed of lightning, human dignity in Nigeria is going, going, going!
“Or do we not realize that for every single BB Naija inmate who wins big amount of money and a car, more than 50 million young people are misled? Qur’an 30:41 says, ‘Evil has appeared on both land and sea as a result of the handiworks of men…’ The Bible in Ephesians 4:19 was also describing these people when it says, ‘Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.’
“Already, the desperate quest for wealth by all means has gripped Nigerian youth like hay fever. It has railroaded them into Yahoo Yahoo, ritual killings and a museum mentality for the collection of female panties. Where exactly are we going?
“This development calls for serious concern and we are deeply concerned because we are the Muslim Rights Concern. Our hearts bleed in MURIC. This is the kind of evil that Muslim and Christian leaders should unite to fight with all their strength instead of dissipating their energy on a phantom Islamisation, a mirage called Fulanisation, Maradonic religiousity and gymnastic spirituality.
“We can put an end to this anomaly called BB Naija if Christians and Muslims bury the hatchet and come together to fight evil. Home is home. Moral debauchery knows no religion. The destructive influence of television shows like BB Naija penetrates both Christian and Muslim homes.
“Ditto for the custodians of our culture and tradition. Our traditional rulers ignore a program like this which has all the potentials to diminish the dignity of our culture. They are fighting over who should be chairman of the Council of traditional rulers. They want to be the King of kings and rivals of the Supreme Creator. Who placed a curse on Nigeria?
“Homo sapiens may not respect a single snake when they see one. But can anyone wait to see what follows if the cobra leads and it is faithfully followed by the python, the black mamba, rattle snake, garter snake and the anaconda? So what do you think will happen if our traditional rulers from the East, West and North march on Aso Rock to demand the immediate halt of this horrible show?
“To cap the edifice, MURIC calls for immediate and total ban on this satanic television show. We charge the Ministry of Information and Culture to move swiftly against BB Naija before moral debauchery becomes Nigeria’s middle name. Nigerian youth must be protected from themselves and the time to do so is now. We invite the National Assembly to intervene immediately and we appeal to traditional rulers to add their voices to this campaign.”
- Peter Obi Reacts to Attack on Soludo as Ex-CBN Governor’s Whereabouts Remain Unknown
- “Leaving Nigeria doesn’t ensure you will get rich” – Straight to the point Donga to those looking for greener pasture overseas
- Governor Wike gifts Burna Boy land In and money to build on the land
- Tonto Dikeh receives global humanitarian celebrity honor
- Regina Daniels patronizes Jaaruma for Kayanmata products worth N5M
- Erica Nlewedim questions foreigner who claims a particular Lagos route is pothole-free
- “Chadian lady arrested with 18 wraps of heroin in her v*gina at Abuja airport”
- “Do you know how stupid you are to treat your girlfriend like a queen” – Reno Omokiri says
- “Men will shame themselves, Resist The Urge Of Bashing Women For The Wrongdoings Of Their Partners” – Toke Makinwa Advises
- Court sentences two brothers to death by hanging for stealing mobile phone
- Man who tattooed Bobrisky face in his body becomes a crossdresser (Video)
- [MUSIC] Ayomikun x Lyon Smith – Pray
- Nigerian lady ‘gifted’ N2m after talking about no one asking for her account details for Christmas on Snapchat
- [MUSIC] Jayfamous Ft Toy_Money and Olasky Omoghana – Good Life
- Hydeeyoung TMB – Church Girl (Prod. by Sense Beat)
- Skyboi – Bless Me (Prod. By TNGR)
- Rhyda ft Rocksteady – Customize
- Davidzee Ft. Oritse Femi – GIDIGON
- Mercy Johnson And Her Family Pay A Visit To Timaya (Photos)
- First lady, Aisha Buhari calls for prayers for Nigeria
Latest Music2 years ago
Damola x Davido – Risky (Cover)
DJ Mix7 months ago
[Mixtape] DJ UTB – Pizzy Banger Mix
Latest Music6 months ago
Rhyda ft Rocksteady – Customize
Entertainment6 months ago
Actress Ruth Eze Is Under Pressure To Marry And Says She Wont Mind Being A 2nd Wife
Latest Music6 months ago
Davidzee Ft. Oritse Femi – GIDIGON
Latest Music7 months ago
[MUSIC] Net Man – Hussle Go Pay
News8 months ago
“Jay Israel, You’re doomed. Nigeria is not South Africa; Your boys have been arrested.”- Prophet Gideon Isah Lambasts Jay Israel Snr. in viral video
News2 years ago
5 Renowned Weed Smokers In The Nigerian Music Industry